The first meeting of RAMIRAN was held in Rennes, France in May 1998
and was attended by 136 delegates from 26 countries. The theme was
"Management Strategies for Organic Waste Use in Agriculture"
under the chairmanship of the network coordinator Mr J.E.Hall of
the UK. The conference was divided into five parts :
- Management strategies for organic waste use in agriculture.
- Agronomic value of organic wastes.
- Measurement, modelling and control of gaseous emissions.
- Processing and handing of wastes.
- Environmental impacts.
The proceedings (RAMIRAN 1998 8th International Conference on Management
Strategies for Organic Wastes Use in Agriculture) were edited by
Dr Jose Martinez and Marie-Noelle Maudet of Cemagref Rennes and
published by FAO and Cemagref. Dr Jose Martinez was elected the
new Network Coordinator at this conference.
the conference in Rennes, a workshop was held in Gargnano, Italy
in September 2000 with the theme "Technology Transfer".
This Workshop addressed five topics:
- Legislation and codes of good practice
- Control of air and water pollution
- Compost, manure, slurry and sludge management
- Spreading of compost, manure, slurry and sludge
- Transfer of technologies
The report was edited by Jose Martinez and Franco
Sangiori (University of Milan) and published by FAO and Cemagref.